Paraprofessional Art | Kimberly
The Art Teaching Assistant is assigned the responsibility of instructing students under the direction of the building leader.
Primary Responsibility to: Principal
Responsibilities (Job functions)
- Provide whole class instruction by implementing lessons or instructional activities designed in collaboration with the classroom teacher to meet the students' academic enrichment needs.
- Work with the classroom teachers to develop a schedule for delivery of instructional services.
- Perform limited clerical functions directly related to the instructional assignment for the purpose of instructing students (i.e. preparing materials, maintaining instructional records for student files, communicating with parents, etc.)
- Monitor student progress.
- Attend parent-teacher conferences and Family Nights.
- Communicate regularly with the parents or guardians of the student.
- Administer tests to assess student achievement.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on staff committees.
- Attend conferences, in-service and workshops to enhance teaching skills and knowledge.
- Assist other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
- Skills to organize and manage multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of principles of child development and instructional processes.
- 32 college credits or successful completion of the ParaPro Test.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop creative solutions.
- Ability to direct and to execute art lessons that will inspire creativity and that allow students to analyze and describe historical, social, and cultural contexts of art.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Computer skills including word processing, email, student data management system, internet.
- Patience and flexibility.
Terms of Employment:
The employment period shall be determined by the immediate supervisor and the Superintendent. The salary shall be commensurate with the classified salary schedule. Summer and vacation employment may be offered if funds are available. Paraprofessionals shall have reasonable assurance of part-time employment unless notified otherwise.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of classified personnel.