Head Custodian | Kimberly
- Train and supervise employees.
- Follow written and oral instructions and observe department policies and procedures.
- Operate hand and power tools.
- Operate commercial mower, trimmer and snow plow.
- Safely climb and work from ladders.
- Operate a personal computer using program applications appropriate to assigned duties.
- Communicate effectively with the public and other employees.
Demonstrate ability to successfully accomplish the performance tasks below. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the administration may find appropriate and acceptable.
Primary Responsibility to:
Secondary Responsibility to:
Maintenance Supervisor, Building Principal
In order to provide students with a safe, healthy, attractive, comfortable, clean and efficient learning environment, the custodian shall carry out the following performance tasks which include but are not limited to:
1.Supervises custodial staff when applicable.
2. Sweep/vacuum classrooms, hallways, offices, restrooms, entrances and other common areas.
3. Damp mop floors.
4. Dust lockers, cabinets, shelves, sills and other furniture.
5. Clean and disinfect restroom sinks, toilets, urinals, partitions, walls and floors.
6. Check and fill toilet paper, paper towel and soap dispensers.
7. Clean drinking fountains.
8. Clean classroom sinks and counters.
9. Empty trash cans and dispose of trash into dumpster.
10. Comply with local, state and Federal regulations concerning waste procedures.
11. Comply with School District, State and Federal laws, rules and regulations concerning chemical usage and storage.
12. Operate vacuum cleaners, power scrubbers, carpet extractors, burnishers and other cleaning equipment in a safe and effective manner.
13. Keep janitor closets/rooms clean, neat and orderly.
14. Treat and wash mop heads, cleaning rags and other equipment as needed.
15. Move furniture and equipment within buildings as required for various activities.
16. Deep scrub and apply wax to tile floors as needed.
17. Clean walls, door/window frames and mirrors as needed.
18. Conduct a thorough security check of all windows and doors in assigned buildings.
19. Activate and deactivate building alarm systems as needed.
20. Change HVAC filters.
21. Mow and trim lawns, trees and other landscaping maintenance.
22. Remove snow and ice from sidewalks and parking lots.
23. Operate and maintain sprinklers and irrigation controls.
24. Apply herbicides and pesticides, as needed.
25. Prepares employee work schedules.
26. Perform such other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor or Building Principal.
Terms of Employment:
Employment and salary schedule shall be determined by the Superintendent with recommendation by the Maintenance Supervisor.
Performance of this position will be evaluated periodically by the Maintenance Director, who will consult the appropriate building principal.