Internship Coordinator | Kimberly
This person will be responsible for creating an internship program at Kimberly High School. In addition, the internship coordinator will develop a system in which students four year plans are updated on an annual basis.
Primary Responsibility to: Kimberly High School Principal
Responsibilities (Job functions)
- Create internship positions within the business community
- Place Kimberly High School students in internships aligned with their post-secondary plans
- Supervise and evaluate students involved in internships
- Develop a system in which students update four year plans on a yearly basis
- Assist high school counselor in administering and interpreting interest inventories.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
- Minimum of high school diploma; bachelor of arts/science preferred
- Outgoing personality and excellent social skills
- Ability to take initiative and be a “self-starter”
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Experience and familiarity with local business community
- Skilled at meeting new people and creating a network within the business community
- Experience in collaboration with people
- Strong interpersonal and student management skills and experience working with adolescents
- Able to discuss career interests and career choices with students
- Understanding of the current global job market
- Excellent computer and file management skills
- Membership in local business organizations preferred, Chamber of Commerce, KBOA, etc.
Terms of Employment:
The Internship Coordinator is a part time classified position funded for two years by the Go-On Challenge grant sponsored by the J.A. and Kathryn Alberston's foundation.
Compensation will be determined by experience and length of service as reflected on the district salary schedule. Benefits are negotiable.
Performance of this position will be in accordance with provisions of the board’s policy on evaluation of classified employees.