Teacher Migrant | Kimberly
- Teacher certification as required by State Department of Education
- Fluent Spanish
Primary Responsibility to:
Title 1 / Migrant Director
Secondary Responsibility to:
Building Principal and Superintendent of Schools
The Migrant Teacher will assist migrant students in attaining grade level proficiency in all subjects by carrying out the following assignments:
- Assess educational needs of the students.
- Work with the classroom teacher in planning curriculum.
- Co-teach with the classroom teacher.
- Teach in a pull-out setting when necessary.
- Assess and document progress of the students.
- Assist parents in understanding school assignments and procedures.
- Encourage parents to participate in school activities.
- Act ethically in all aspects of the teaching role.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Terms of Employment:
The contract period shall be one-hundred-ninety (190) days. This shall include one-hundred-eighty (180) teaching days and up to ten (10) days to be assigned during the year by the administration. The salary shall be commensurate with the employee’s appropriate place on the approved salary and/or activity schedule.
Performance of this position will be in accordance with provisions of the board’s policy on evaluation.