Assistant Coach | Kimberly
Ability to accomplish the performance tasks listed below; such other qualifications of academic, professional, and personal excellence as the Board of Directors may specify.
Primary Responsibility to:
Athletic Director AND Head Varsity Coach
Secondary Responsibility to:
Secondary school principal(s)
In order to assist the varsity coach in the planning and implementation of the total program in each particular sport, the assistant coach shall carry out the following performance tasks:
- Coach individual participants in the skills required in the particular sport.
- Assist in overseeing safety conditions of the facility or area in which the sport is conducted at all times students are present.
- Assist in the scheduling of interscholastic contests as appropriate.
- Assist in the planning, scheduling and implementation of practice sessions.
- Assist in enforcing discipline and sportsmanship behavior at all times and in the establishment and application of appropriate measures when established procedures are breached.
- Strive to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Act ethically in all situations.
Terms of Employment:
The contract period shall be one-hundred-ninety (190) days. This shall include one-hundred-eighty (180) teaching days and up to ten (10) days to be assigned during the year by the administration. In the case of football and volleyball, the position commences with the opening of practice sessions as allowed by the Idaho Interscholastic Activities Association. Classified assistant coaches may be employed as needs indicate to serve for a specified period of time in order to assist with a particular sport. The salary shall be commensurate with the employee’s appropriate place on the athletic stipend schedule.
Performance of this position will be evaluated by the Athletic Director in accordance with provisions established by the Superintendent for evaluation of all athletic coaches.