Transportation Dispatcher | Kimberly
Demonstrated ability to successfully accomplish the performance tasks listed below.
Primary Responsibility to:
Director of Transportation
Secondary Responsibility to:
In order to assist the transportation supervisor in the efficient operation of the transportation department so that a maximum positive impact can be made on the education of children, the dispatcher shall carry out the following tasks:
- Be positive and confident when dealing with students, teachers, and parents.
- Schedule home to school routes and activity trips using computer.
- Answer telephone calls and handle transportation radio communication.
- Act as sub driver when necessary.
- Cooperate with building principals and secretaries when problems with student(s) riding the bus occur. Act as a liaison with drivers and parents for any complaints concerning the bus transportation.
- Maintain accurate and up to date transportation records and reports as directed.
- Prepare requisitions and purchase orders for supplies, equipment and other transportation materials as directed.
- Act ethically and confidentially in all aspects of employment.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by Transportation Supervisor.
Terms of Employment:
Six (6) hours per day, 5 days per week, approximately 202 days per year. The salary shall be commensurate with the classified salary schedule.
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually by the Transportation Supervisor in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of classified personnel.