Teacher Resource | Kimberly
As set by state certification requirements
Primary Responsibility to:
Secondary Responsibility to:
Director of Special Services
In order to provide each exceptional child with a program that will enable him/her to reach his/her fullest physical, emotional, psychological, and behavioral potential, the teacher shall carry out the following performance tasks:
All performance tasks of an elementary teacher (see elementary teacher job description).
- Provide a program for each exceptional child.
- Confer frequently with parents and professional staff members regarding the progress of the exceptional child.
- Assist in screening, evaluating, and recommending placement of applicants in the school’s resource room program.
- Assist exceptional students in making a realistic assessment of their abilities and in establishing educational and occupational goals in keeping with these abilities.
- Act ethically in all aspects of the teaching role.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned .
Terms of Employment:
The contract period shall be one-hundred-ninety (190) days. This shall include one-hundred-eighty (180) teaching days and up to ten (10) days to be assigned during the year by the administration. The salary shall be commensurate with the employee’s appropriate place on the approved salary and/or activity schedule.
Performance of this position will be in accordance with provisions of the board’s policy on evaluation.