Middle School Coach | Kimberly
As established by State certification requirements; ability to accomplish the performance tasks listed below; such other qualifications of academic, professional, and personal excellence as the Board of Directors may specify.
Primary Responsibility to:
Athletic director and head varsity coach
Secondary Responsibility to:
Secondary school principal(s)
In order to encourage maximum participation, to assist each participating student in acquiring a high degree of skill, to instill knowledge of the values of self-discipline and sportsmanship, and to increase the level of student self-esteem, the junior high coach shall carry out the following performance tasks.
- Assume responsibility for development of a total program throughout the junior high levels (where appropriate) in order to insure the quality of the particular sport.
- Work closely with the athletic director in the scheduling of interscholastic contests as appropriate.
- Recommend purchase of equipment, supplies, and uniforms as required.
- Establish performance criteria for eligibility forms, roster, and other required reports.
- Maintain necessary insurance records, eligibility forms, roster, and other required reports.
- Plan and schedule a regular program of practice in season.
- Coach individual participants in the skill required in the particular sport.
- Oversee safety conditions of the facility or area in which the sport is conducted at all times students are present.
- Enforce discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times applying appropriate measures when established standards are breached.
- Strive to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Check in and out equipment and inventory equipment.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Act ethically in all situations.
Terms of Employment:
The contract period shall be one-hundred-ninety (190) days. This shall include one-hundred-eighty (180) teaching days and up to ten (10) days to be assigned during the year by the administration. In the case of football, the position commences with the opening of practice sessions as allowed by the Idaho Interscholastic Activities Association. Classified junior high school coaches may be employed as needs indicate to serve for a specified period of time in order to coach the particular sport(s). The salary shall be commensurate with the employee’s appropriate place on the athletic stipend schedule.
Performance of this position will be evaluated by the Superintendent in accordance with provisions established by the superintendent for evaluation of all athletic coaches.