Librarian | Kimberly
As set by state certification requirements
Primary Responsibility to:
In order to provide all students with an enriched library environment containing a wide variety and range of materials that will invite intellectual growth, and to aid all students in acquiring the skills needed to take full advantage of library resources, the librarian or media generalist shall carry out the following performance tasks:
Be knowledgeable of, and uphold, all policies pertaining to teachers and students as specified in District Policy.
- Evaluate, select, and requisition new library materials.
- Assist teachers in the selection of books and other instructional materials.
- Inform teachers and other staff members concerning new materials and supplies the library may acquire.
- Maintain a comprehensive and efficient system for cataloging all library materials and instruct teachers and students on use of the system.
- Work with teachers in planning those assignments likely to lead to extended use of library resources.
- Participate in instructional or curriculum meetings.
- Recommend expenditures from the library budget.
- Supervise and train library aides in performance of their duties.
- Act ethically in all aspects of the teaching role.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Terms of Employment:
The contract period shall be one-hundred-ninety (190) days. This shall include one-hundred-eighty (180) teaching days and up to ten (10) days to be assigned during the year by the administration. The salary shall be commensurate with the employee’s appropriate place on the approved salary and/or activity schedule.
Performance of this position will be in accordance with provisions of the board’s policy on evaluation of certificated professional employees.