High School Guidance Counselor | Kimberly
As established by state certification requirements
Primary Responsibility to:
Secondary Responsibility to:
Director of Special Services
In order to assist students in making sound educational, occupational, and life plans, the guidance counselor shall carry out the following performance tasks:
- Assist in the scheduling of students and orient them to school procedures and the school’s varied opportunities for learning.
- Maintain student records and protect confidentiality.
- Assist in resolving educational handicaps.
- Assist in the identification and development of special abilities of students.
- Obtain and disseminate career awareness information to students and classes.
- Help students evaluate career interests and choices.
- Work with students on an individual basis in the solutions of personal problems related to such matters as home and family relations, health, and emotional adjustment.
- Confer with parents whenever necessary.
- Confer with administrators and faculty on matters of student discipline.
- Administrate appropriate tests to students in accordance with the district’s testing program.
- Act ethically in all situations.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Terms of Employment:
The contract period shall be two-hundred-ten (210) days. This shall include one-hundred-eighty (180) teaching days and up to ten (10) days to be assigned during the year by the administration and 20 duty days to be assigned by the administration. The salary shall be commensurate with the employee’s appropriate place on the approved salary and/or activity schedule.
Performance of this position will be in accordance with provisions of the board’s policy on evaluation of certificated employees.