Demonstrated ability to successfully accomplish the performance tasks listed below.
Primary Responsibility to:
Director of Transportation
Secondary Responsibility to:
In order to assist the transportation director in the effective operation of the transportation department so that a maximum positive impact can be made on the education of children, the bus driver shall carry out the following tasks.
- Possess and maintain a Class A or Class B Commercial Driver's License with the necessary endorsements as specified by the Transportation Director.
- Possess and maintain a current DOT Medical card.
- Know and abide by all Federal and State rules and laws as they pertain to driving a school bus.
- Read, understand and follow route maps.
- Drive routes and trips as assigned.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections on assigned vehicles.
- Maintain accurate log sheets and trip sheets.
- Perform duties necessary to maintain cleanliness of buses both inside and out.
- Act ethically and confidentially in all aspects of employment.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Transportation Director.
Terms of Employment:
As needed for routes and extra-curricular trips.
Performance of this position will be evaluated at a minimum of twice a school year by the Transportation Director.