Below is a sampling of the benefits available to our employees. To receive part-time benefits, you must work 20 to 29.5 per week; Full-time benefits begin at 30+ hours per week. We have school year only and year round full-time positions so benefits can vary.
Contact Laurie Wirtz (x3311) or Cassandra Searby (x3307) for more information.
- Up to 10 paid holidays depending on schedule/position
- Paid vacation for 12-month employees
- Up to 12 sick days per year depending on schedule/position
- Comprehensive, custom benefits that can include:
- Life Insurance
- Three medical plans to choose from
- Professional development
- Access to Section 125 Plan Flexible Spending account tax-free medical spending
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid leave for jury duty, military, and bereavement
- Many community discounts to include Verizon, AT&T, some insurance companies, etc. More information can be found here: https://www.myeducationdiscount.com/
- PERSI (Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho)
- Defined Benefit Plan (Consistent Lifetime Retirement including yearly COLA)
- Employee contributes (Classified - 6.71%) (Certified - 7.62%) of earnings pretax
- KSD Schools contributes (Classified - 11.18%) (Certified - 12.69%)
- Employees can fully vest in 60 months
- Unused sick leave can accumulate and be converted to cash to pay medical insurance premiums during PERSI retirement
- PERSI members can retire with full-payment at age 65 OR when your age plus your years of service equal 90.