September 17, 2014 | Kimberly
KIMBERLY SCHOOL DISTRICT 414
KIMBERLY SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
September 17, 2014
EXECUTIVE SESSION: None
Regular Meeting 7:30 p.m.
The meeting was called to order by Mr. Champlin at 7:35 p.m. Present were trustees Mr. Nield (via phone), Mr. Higdem and Mr. Champlin. Mr. Schroeder, Superintendent; Mrs. Cooper, district clerk; Mrs. Bradley, business manager; Mrs. Brown, HS principal; Mr. Schvaneveldt, MS principal; Mrs. Garner, ES principal; Ms. Haught, Special Ed director; Sara Crystal, curriculum director; Roxi Mumm, food service director and Ted Wasko, maintenance/transportation director were also in attendance. Trustees Richman and Fullmer were absent.
AGENDA: Myron Nield moved to approve the agenda as presented. Mr. Higdem seconded the motion. The motion carried 3–0.
FLAG SALUTE: Everyone stood and participated in the Pledge of Allegiance.
BUILDING UPDATE: Included in Superintendent’s report.
KHS WOMEN’S LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE: Principal Lisa Brown and 26 high school girls attended the Women’s Leadership Conference in Boise. The Go On Grant provided scholarships for the attendees. It was overall a great field trip and some of the attendees will visit the board next month. Topic was “Embrace and Be Yourself”. Speakers were inspiring!
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
FINANCIAL REPORT: Dane Higdem moved and Myron Nield seconded the motion to approve the August, 2014 financial report. Investment Pool statements were reviewed. Sherrie said that September is always a whirlwind, we received the $10,000 grant from Glanbia for our music program and the money is being spent! She noted that the October revise will most likely be adjusted with more units. The audit will be presented at the next board meeting. The motion carried 3-0.
CONSENT AGENDA: Mr. Higdemmoved and Mr. Nield seconded the motion to approve the consent agenda including the following items. The motion carried 3-0.
- Approve district invoices.
- Approve food service expenditures.
- Approve August 25 and Sept 4 meeting minutes.
- Surplus pallets were sold and a list of items was presented to be sold at a future garage sale (possibly 1stSat. in October).
DISCUSSION / AGENDA ITEMS
APPROVAL OF ADDITIONAL INVOICES: Mr. Higdem moved and Mr. Nield seconded the motion to approve the additional invoices. The motion carried 3–0.
REVISE POLICY 8170P DISTRICT OWNED VEHICLES: Dane Higdem moved and Myron Nield seconded the motion to approve as first and final reading policy 8170P. Adding….. Submission to a drug and alcohol test will be required for accidents that involve an injury, citation issued, or estimated damages that exceed $500. The motion carried 3-0
APPROVE FY15 FUND RAISER CALENDAR: Dane Higdem moved and Myron Nield seconded the motion to approve the FY15 fund raiser calendar to be posted to the website. The motion carried 3-0.
APPROVE ALTERNATE AUTHORIZATIONS: Dane Higdem moved and Myron Nield seconded the motion to approve the following application to the state certification department for an alternative authorization:
- Lori Clements – Teacher to New Endorsement (college plan for a media generalist endorsement).
The motion carried 3-0.
MAHLKE, HUNSAKER AND COMPANY AGREEMENT: Dane Higdem moved and Myron Nield seconded the motion to approve a 2 year agreement with MH&Co to conduct our school audits for FY14 and FY15. Mrs. Bradley reminded the board that MH&Co had actually reduced their price when our school budget was cut. The motion carried 3-0.
ADJOURNMENT: Dane Higdem moved and Myron Nield seconded the motion to adjourn at 8:01 p.m.
- Building report – with the LA Thomas building completion right around the corner, the punch list will be ready for review soon, comfortable stackable padded chairs will be ordered for performances and the curtain will be installed ASAP. Mr. Champlin suggested reviewing the outside lighting situation as a safety measure.
- CTA has completed the Master Plan which was presented Sept. 10. The 3 options are 1) 6-12 campus with neighborhood elementary schools; 2) centrally located campus with nearby land acquisition; 3) a hybrid option with 2 neighborhood schools and updating our current campus. It was determined it is not cost affective to take down any of our current buildings.
- Due to student growth the board approved an emergency levy for $72,944.
- The ISBA regional meeting is Sept. 25 at Jerome Middle School at 6:00 p.m.
- ISBA Conference is Nov. 12-14 in Boise (Rob, Luke, Myron and Dane are attending).
- Kimberly’s revision to the Idaho Student Data Policy (digital ethics) is pending.
- KSF and PTSO benefit dinner is scheduled for Nov. 15 at the LA Thomas. This year’s theme is “We Finished It”
- Any ideas for an LA Thomas Open House? Retro game? Free to capacity?
Dane Higdem moved and Myron Nield seconded the motion to approve the personnel report. The motion carried 3-0.
Rhiannon Holt part-time para
Trish Scarrow part-time para
JoLinn Shaw part-time para
Laurie Wirtz Business Manager
RESIGNATIONS / RETIREMENTS / TERMINATIONS:
Jackie Schomberg part-time para
Sherrie Bradley Business Manager
LEADERSHIP TEAM REPORTS: - Available on website
MEETING ADJOURED AT 8:35 P.M.