Elementary Counselor | Kimberly
ELEMENTARY GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
QUALIFICATIONS: As established by state certification requirements
PRIMARILY REPORTS TO: Elementary Administration
SECONDARILY REPORTS TO: Superintendent of Schools
PURPOSE: Utilizing leadership, advocacy, and collaboration, the school counselor promotes student success, provides preventive services, and responds to identified student needs by implementing a comprehensive school counseling program that addresses academic and personal/social development for all students.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans in collaboration the comprehensive school counseling program with the school administrators and other support staff as needed.
- Develops and maintains a written plan for effective delivery of the school counseling program.
- Communicates the goals of the comprehensive school counseling program to education stakeholders.
- Uses the majority of time providing direct services for students in need.
- Collaborates with other educators in the school-wide integration student support services as developed by counselors, and administrators.
- Implements developmentally appropriate and prevention-oriented group activities to meet student needs and school goals.
- Provides individual and group counseling to students with identified concerns and needs.
- Consults and collaborates effectively with parents/guardians, teachers, administrators and other educational/community resources regarding students with identified concerns and needs.
- Implements an effective referral and follow-up process.
- Participates as an active member on the RtI (Response to Intervention) Team.
- Accurately and appropriately uses assessment procedures for determining and structuring individual and group counseling services.
- Provides appropriate information to staff relating to the comprehensive school counseling program.
- Participates in professional development activities to improve knowledge and skills.
- Adheres to laws, policies, procedures, and ethical standards of the school counseling profession.
- Measures results of the school counseling program activities and shares results as appropriate.
- Monitors student academic performance, behavior, attendance, and assists with appropriate interventions.
Terms of Employment:
The contract period shall be one-hundred-ninety (190) days. An extended contract may be assigned by the Superintendent. The salary shall be commensurate with the employee’s appropriate place on the approved salary and/or activity schedule.
Performance of this position will be in accordance with provisions of the board’s policy on evaluation of certificated employees.